M.B.B.S, M. D, DM, Post D.M
Dr. Rahul Bhargava is a highly resourceful, innovative and committed bone morrow transplant specialist with extensive experience in the field of adult bone marrow transplant and haematology. He has performed close to 400 bone marrow transplants and he has worked in Vancouver, Canada where he was specifically trained in voluntary stem cell transplant and umbilical cord transplant.
In 2016 Dr. Rahul Bhargava became the first Indian doctor to do and popularize stem cell transplant in multiple sclerosis. Owing to his vast experience in this field, Dr. Bhargava is considered as one of the best stem cell transplant expert in Delhi and Gurgaon. Since then he has been credited of establishing 6 low cost centres across India namely at Sarvodaya hospital, Batra hospital, Action Balaji hospital etc.
Due to his active involvement with the community in building awareness around various blood disorders, he is considered as one of the best haematologist of our area.
Haematology Solutions functions as a comprehensive referral centre for diagnosis and treatment of haematological related disorders and the management and treatment of all forms of haematological conditions and malignancies.
We offer relief and hope to children and adults with common, but dreadful diseases like leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood abnormalities. This includes the use of bone marrow transplantation as a curative procedure for many blood cancers and chronic blood diseases
Driven by a legacy of advanced haematology innovations, we rely on the science and analytics that create true workflow efficiency and deliver best quality results. We provide more comprehensive and targeted patient care through scientific approach.
Scope of Haematology
- * Transfusion
- * Coagulation
- * Clinical hematology
- * Aboratory hematology
- * Bone marrow transplant
- * PICC line insertion
- * Electrolyte infusion/antibiotic infusion
- * Neutropenic care in low infection risk environment
- * Bone marrow aspiration and trephine biopsy
- * Lymph node histopathology
- * Red cells disorder
- * Hematological malignancies
- * Acute leukemias
- * Plasma cell disorder
- * Lymphomas
- * Congenital disorders of coagulation
- * Thrombophilia
- * Platelet disorders
STEM CELL TRANSPLANT
Most blood stem cells reside in the bone marrow and a small number are present in the bloodstream. Multipotent peripheral blood stem cells can be obtained from drawn blood. PBSC-s are easier to collect than bone marrow stem cells.
- * GVHD sometimes occurs with allogeneic transplantation.
- * Lymphocytes from the donor graft attack the cells of the host.
- * GVHD can usually be treated with steroids or other immunosuppressive agents.
- * Acute GVHD occurs before day 100 post-transplant
- * Chronic GVHD occurs beyond day 100
- * Recent advances have reduced the incidence and severity of this post-transplant complication.
- * Chronic GVHD can develop months or even years post-transplant.